Maintenance Technician Level 1 – Hope, ARWe have an immediate opening for a Maintenance Technician Level 1 at our 118 Brentwood Drive Facility. Hours 7:00am – 3:30pm Monday through Friday.
Assists the Maintenance Department in repairing and maintaining machinery, equipment, physical structures and plumbing and electrical systems of industrial establishment by performing the following duties. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.Essential Responsibilities:
- Dismantles machines or equipment, replaces defective parts and motors, and adjusts feed mechanisms.
- Cleans and lubricates machine parts such as shafts, pulleys, gears, and bearings. Replaces or repairs machine belts.
- Removes dust, dirt, grease, and waste material from machines.
- Paints machines or equipment to prevent corrosion.
- Bends and cuts conduit wire, and drills holes in walls, floors, and ceilings for electrical connections.
- Connects wire to motors, fixtures, and other electrical equipment, replaces switches and fuses, and splices wire and insulates wire with friction tape.
- Bends, cuts, and threads pipe, cuts openings in walls, ceilings, and floors for pipes, and seals pipe joints with sealing compound.
- Cuts out and joins parts for worktables, benches, shelves and other furnishings.
- Patches or replaces plaster or plaster board and paints walls, ceilings, and trim of building.
- Clears clogged drains and replaces plumbing fixtures.
- Operates welding machine to repair or join metal parts.
- Furnishes Maintenance Supervisor with materials, tools, and supplies.
- Cleans work area, tools, and equipment. Performs other routine duties.
- Performs all work procedures to the established quality and environmental management systems. Work in other work centers as production needs require.
- Perform all work procedures in accordance with safety standards.
- Perform all work procedures according to established Quality Management & Environmental Management Systems.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one-year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with basic hand tools, power tools, measuring devices, computers, blueprints, schematics, and circuit breaker panels. Preferred experience with plastics or other manufacturing, electrical, robotics, mechatronics, PLCs, cranes/hoists, forklift, and basic plumbing and building maintenance.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to climb step ladder and/or stand on raised platform. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Brentwood offers professional growth potential, pleasant work environment, and an excellent wage and benefits package including 401K w/employer match. Brentwood Industries, Inc., provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.At Brentwood, we have a passion for both our products and our people. Our goal as an employer is to help you excel as an individual and as part of a team by providing you with a satisfying, motivating and stimulating work experience. The varied nature of the environment at Brentwood allows you to work alongside industry professionals on a wide range of projects, contributing your knowledge and strengths to develop innovative, market-driven solutions. Learn More